Saturday 4 May 2013

What I thought about creating our opening sequence

When we began correcting our opening sequence I thought it would be very much what it was in GCSE, this was that we would use the same program which meant that we all had experience and could potentially make our opening sequence look extraordinary, with this thought I didn’t see any complication of creating our film. However, I was so wrong in every sense, planning and creating our thriller film was incredible it pulled our whole group together this was shown when each individual idea fell into what is now our final product. The complications started to show when we began editing, this was because even though everyone’s ideas were put in to make the films, everyone had a different opinion on editing, an example of this was when Sam didn’t want a certain date added to the bottom of the screen and Lisa, Aimie and I did. This meant that we would have to agree to disagree on whether the date should be added or kept however we all decided to add ‘One year later...’ as it was something we could agree on.

When we found out that we had to use a new program you could tell there was tension in the group as on the Corel program the editing was nearly completed, well so we thought at the time.  Each person in the group was always able to spend extra time on this project whether it was in a study period or after school, each one of us equally contributed to trying to make this film what it is now. Whilst watching our opening sequence expand, I began to notice problems which I shared for example at the end of the chase scene when Sam is putting Lisa on his shoulder there is a shot where Kieran is in front but all of a sudden Kieran is behind him, I was concerned that this would loss our group marks and that it doesn’t link properly, luckily Lisa found the ‘drip to black’ effect which allowed the scenes to flow and doesn’t look as Kieran jumps from one area to the next.
Though-out the experience of planning, making and editing our product there was only disagreement within the group and that was between Sam and me. This disagreement came to light when our final deadline came about and our film was nearly completed but the music still want done, at the time I didn’t understand why the music had to be done at the last minute and I thought why isn’t it ready yet we got a couple of days left we need that music. After this Sam did create and complete the music but it was only when I watch the sequence with the music added that I understood why Sam had to wait until we completed editing. When I realised this Sam and I agreed that maybe we shouldn’t of had a disagreement over something so small but so important to the completion of our film but though that I got experience of even though there are deadlines and that means everything must be in and completed, some things like music we will just have to wait for as they can’t be rushed and need to create the right mood for the scene they’re in.

All in all I have learnt many different things thought the journey of this final product but next time I will know that it isn’t going to be as easy as I original think and maybe everything isn’t going to be as perfect as I or anyone else wants them to be, we just need to use the resources that we have and make an opening to a film everything we hope it to be just knowing there will be issues and errors on the way just have to take them as they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment